The Annual Fund is the School’s most important ongoing fundraising activity. Each year, we ask all members of our School community to make a tax-deductible gift to supplement tuition income. Gifts to the Annual Fund support the general operations of the School including academic and co-curricular programs, educational technology and professional development for our faculty. All money raised is spent in the same academic year. The Annual Fund impacts every program, classroom and student at All Saints’. Annual Fund gifts typically range from $100 to over $30,000, and every School family is encouraged, and expected, to give to the best of their ability. Having 100% parent participation provides us substantial credibility in the community, and outside funders give more weight to schools who have 100% Annual Fund participation. This translates to greater resources and control over our annual budget.
Last year, the Annual Fund raised $685,000 essential dollars from parents, grandparents, alumni, parents of alumni, Vestry, faculty/staff and friends of the School. Annual Fund donors and volunteers make a tremendous impact in the life of our School! For more information about All Saints’ Annual Fund, call Joy Rich, Annual Giving Manager, at (817) 560-5700, ext. 359 or email JoyRich@aseschool.org.
|Q. ||What is the Annual Fund?|
- The Annual Fund provides real dollars to pay for real expenses in the year that this money is raised. Gifts made to the Annual Fund directly benefit the students, faculty, staff and the All Saints’ community this year. The Annual Fund supports the School’s operating budget, and without it, we wouldn’t be able to sustain programming, technological advances and professional development at the level we expect and our children deserve.
- Like all independent schools, the Annual Fund is one of only four funding streams that support the operating budget in addition to tuition, endowment and other miscellaneous revenue and helps keep our school debt free.
- It is by far the single most important fundraising effort for our School each year.
- Unlike tuition, Annual Fund gifts are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by the law.
|Q. ||When is All Saints' Annual Fund each year?|
The All Saints’ Annual Fund runs each year starting July 1 through June 30 (our fiscal year).
|Q. ||How can I make an Annual Fund gift?|
Annual Fund gifts may be made in the following ways:
- By credit card through our secure Online Giving Form
- By phone, call Joy Rich, Manager of Annual Giving at 17-560-5700, ext. 359
- To make a gift of stock, please contact Susan H. Doyle at (817) 560-5700, ext. 319
- Checks should be made payable to All Saints’ Episcopal School and sent directly to:
All Saints’ Episcopal School
9700 Saints Circle
Fort Worth, TX 76108
- Pledge – People can make a “pledge” to the Annual Fund in the fall to be paid out however you wish during the school year. You can pledge to make a one-time gift on a specific date in the future and the Advancement Office will send a reminder. You can pledge to make a gift of any amount and pay it out in several installments. All of pledges can be made with any of the payment methods available.
|Q. ||Matching Gifts|
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contribution made by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift program, please enter your employer’s name below.
If your company offers a matching gift, please fill out the company form and send it to:
All Saints’ Episcopal School
9700 Saints Circle
Fort Worth, TX 76108
|Q. ||Who gives to the Annual Fund?|
The entire All Saints’ community supports the Annual Fund. Faculty and Staff are the first to give to the Annual Fund each year and have an excellent tradition of 100% participation. The Board of Trustees, the Alumni Board and the Vestry also wholeheartedly support the Annual Fund with 100% participation. Current All Saints’ parents, grandparents, parents of alumni, alumni and friends also contribute to the Annual Fund each year.
|Q. ||The Case for 100% Parent Participation|
Because every family and every child is an important part of our School community, the expectations are that every family makes a gift to the Annual Fund. There is strength in numbers – many gifts add up to a large sum each year, and every gift makes a difference no matter the amount. A high participation rate is also a symbol of maturity and credibility. Some of the most seasoned and prestigious private institutions nationwide and in our area achieve 100% parent participation for their Annual Funds. Furthermore, when funding is sought from outside sources for capital campaigns, 100% participation displays strength of financial position and community loyalty. If a family has more than one child, their one gift to the Annual Fund will “count” toward participation in each of their children’s grades.
What is the Saints Club and why is it important?
- The Saints Club is a donor giving level that includes anyone who makes a gift of $1,000 and above.
- Saints Club gifts are critical to reaching our financial goal each year as they typically represent 85% of the total goal each year.
- Saints Club donors are invited to a special thank you recognition party to be held in the spring.
|Q. ||What should I give to the Annual Fund?|
Annual fund gifts typically range from $100 to over $30,000 and every family is encouraged, and expected, to give to the best of their ability. The education of your children is very important and we hope that you put All Saints’ at the top of your philanthropic giving portfolio. For reference, here are stats based on NAIS report of all Independent Day Schools for 2012-2013. The average gift at All Saints’ for the 2012-2013 was $1,894.
- Parents median gift $905: Participation 70.5%
- Trustees median gift $4,130: Participation 100%
- Faculty median gift $133: Participation 94.4%
- Alumni median gift $271: Participation 9.3%
- Forever Saints (Parents of Alumni) median gift $506: Participation 10.3%
- Grandparents median gift $514: Participation 13.6%
|Q. ||Will people know what I gave to the Annual Fund?|
Every non-profit publishes an Annual Report to report on gifts that were received during the year toward various programs throughout the nonprofit. (Review our most recent Annual Report.)
This is important for transparency and to show donors fiscal responsibility. If anyone would like to remain anonymous in their giving, we will honor their request and they will be accounted for but listed as anonymous in their level of giving.
In our Annual Report, we publish gift giving ranges so the actual dollar amount that you gave is not listed. Those ranges are:
- Patron Saints $25,000+
- Gold Saints $10,000 - $24,999
- Silver Saints $5,000 -$9,999
- Bronze Saints $2,500 - $4,999
- Saints $1,000 - $2,499
- Pacesetters $500 - $999
- Patrons $100 - $499
- Contributors $1 - $99
Patron Saints: $25,000+
Gold Saints: $10,000 - $24,999
Silver Saint: $5,000 -$9,999
Bronze Saints: $2,500 - $4,999
Saints: $1,000 - $2,499
Pacesetters: $500 - $999
Patrons: $100 - $499
Contributors: $1 - $99